If the shifts for this role cover hours earlier than 6am or later than 11pm, you will need to be at least 18 years of age.
From 6th March 2022, the advertised rate of pay will increase to £10 - £11.05 per hour, based on location.
Please note in addition to the advertised hourly rate, a further £2.45 is paid for every hour worked between midnight - 5am (where applicable).
Sainsbury’s is an impressive 24-hour operation. We’re open all day and work through the night to create retail experiences that really wow our customers – which means we need great people like you to join our Winning Team.
As a Trading Assistant on nightshift, you’ll likely to have less customer interaction than your daytime colleagues. Nevertheless, when you do encounter our shoppers, you’ll love helping them out and be tuned in to what they want. Overall you’ll ensure they take away the Sainsbury’s experience that keeps bringing people back.
On each shift, you’ll be focused on the important task of sorting and replenishing stock, as well as code checking across our produce, fresh foods and dry goods and unloading deliveries. Don’t worry – we’ll train you up on everything you need to know.
Part of a close-knit, dedicated team all working and winning as one team, you’ll always have support on hand; but we’ll also trust you to use your own initiative. You’ll be given all the support you need to progress and do the best job you can. It’s about making a difference to everyone around you.
What’s great is that you don’t need to bring any specific experience to this role – you just need to bring your best attitude to work and overall be yourself. You’re friendly, you love helping people and it really shows. You make things happen at pace and you’re comfortable with the idea of learning to use new technology and gadgets to do your job – and to do it very well.
Alongside a market leading salary, we also offer a great range of benefits for all our colleagues:
- Discount card – provided after 12 weeks that gives you 10% on most items in Sainsbury’s, Argos and Habitat. Discount is increased at Sainsbury’s to 15% every pay day for five days plus 15% at Argos on selected weekends during the year.
- Generous holiday entitlement - based on the hours you work.
- Family leave – generous maternity and paternity leave.
- Pension – Sainsbury’s will match between 4-7% of your pension contributions.
- Sainsbury’s share schemes – allowing you to buy Sainsbury’s shares at discounted prices and the option to buy shares monthly from your gross salary to build up an investment.
- Wellbeing support – including free access to Unmind (a mental wellbeing app) and our Employee Assistance Programme which is a confidential service providing emotional support, practical information and guidance on a wide range of topics, such as legal information, financial information and short-term counselling.
- Colleague networks – a range of internal networks that create an environment where every single colleague can be themselves and fulfil their potential.
- Cycle to work scheme – hire a bike and accessories, saving on tax and national insurance.
- Shopping discounts – special offers on gym memberships, restaurants, holidays, retail vouchers and more.
Shift pattern for this role is: