If you’re great at being on hand to help out, you’ll feel right at home joining us as one of our Trading Assistants. Day-to-day, you’ll support your Sainsbury’s store working where you’re needed the most.
In this role, you’ll be focused on the important task of sorting and replenishing stock, as well as code checking across our produce, fresh foods and dry goods and unloading deliveries. Don’t worry – we’ll train you up on everything you need to know. And you’ll also be doing the most important job there is – making things simpler for colleagues and customers alike.
Part of a close-knit, dedicated team all working and winning together, you’ll always have support on hand; but we’ll also trust you to use your own initiative. It’s about making a difference to everyone around you.
What’s great is that you don’t need to bring any specific experience to this role – you just need to bring your best attitude to work, make things happen at pace and overall be yourself. You’re friendly, you love helping people and it really shows. Plus, you’re comfortable with the idea of learning to use new technology and gadgets to do your job – and to do it very well.
Alongside a market leading salary, we also offer a great range of benefits for all our colleagues:
- Discount card – provided after 12 weeks that gives you 10% on most items in Sainsbury’s, Argos and Habitat. Discount is increased at Sainsbury’s to 15% every pay day for five days plus 15% at Argos on selected weekends during the year.
- Generous holiday entitlement - based on the hours you work.
- Family leave – generous maternity and paternity leave.
- Pension – Sainsbury’s will match between 4-7% of your pension contributions.
- Sainsbury’s share schemes – allowing you to buy Sainsbury’s shares at discounted prices and the option to buy shares monthly from your gross salary to build up an investment.
- Wellbeing support – including free access to Unmind (a mental wellbeing app) and our Employee Assistance Programme which is a confidential service providing emotional support, practical information and guidance on a wide range of topics, such as legal information, financial information and short-term counselling.
- Colleague networks – a range of internal networks that create an environment where every single colleague can be themselves and fulfil their potential.
- Cycle to work scheme – hire a bike and accessories, saving on tax and national insurance.
- Shopping discounts – special offers on gym memberships, restaurants, holidays, retail vouchers and more.
Important Please Read
We are looking for a responsible colleague in this role, this means that you can open and close the store and can run the store in the absence of a manager for a few hours each day. You would be required to complete first aid training at another location and have your own transport. As a key holder you may be required to attend the store out of hours.