You do not get to be one of the nation’s largest and most loved supermarkets without a brilliant team — and warehouse colleagues are central to keeping our warehouses running smoothly. Being a Sainsbury’s warehouse colleague is more than picking goods accurately and in perfect condition. We aim to be truly inclusive retailer, where every single one of our colleagues can fulfil their potential and where all our customers feel welcome when they shop with us in Store. Our aim is to create an environment where every individual feels comfortable sharing who they are with their colleagues allowing them to bring their ‘whole self’ into work.
We are looking to recruit permanent JS colleague positions over the next couple of months with numerous start dates for the following shifts:
Afternoons: 1300 to 2100
Afternoons: 1400 to 2200
Evenings: 1800 to 0400
Nights: 2200 to 0600
If you would like to be part of Sainsbury’s as a warehouse colleague, you will work a set 8-week rota pattern (working 5 out of 8 weekends). We will guarantee 40 hours per week on shift which includes any 5 days from 7.
No previous warehouse experience is necessary as comprehensive training to perform well in your role will be provided. You will need to be able to work on your feet and perform physically demanding tasks in a temperature-controlled environment (chill and ambient).
- £10.96 hourly rate
- 20 holiday days per year, increasing with service by 1 day per year in your first 5 years + Bank Holidays
- £1.85 common inconvenience paid on any hours worked between 18:00-06:00
- Overtime paid x1.5
- Opportunity to earn a performance bonus
- Company Discount card after 12 weeks (about 3 months) that gives you 10% off your Sainsbury’s, Argos, and Habitat shopping (exclusive discounts through the year)
- Exclusive offers on gym memberships, restaurants, holidays, retail vouchers and more
- Cycle to work scheme available
- Full PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) provided
- All applicants will need to have the right to work in the UK.
Location: Haydock Distribution Centre | Hallwood Avenue, Haydock Industrial Estate, St Helens | WA11 9WB
Hours: Full Time
Contract type: Permanent
Salary: £22.796.80 + Shift Allowance/Bonus/Overtime