£11.45 per hour + Shift Allowance between 18:00 and 06:00 (£1.75 per hour)
Provides great availability to stores and customers by following operational processes to ensure products are picked and assembled ready to be dispatched to our stores in an efficient and safe way. Ensures that the quality of products sent to stores is delivered consistently through maintaining high standards of accuracy and temperature compliance.
What I need to do
• Receive and process products into the warehouse ensuring the procedures followed supporting the integrity of stock control systems.
• Use the equipment provided to identify the products our stores have ordered and assess the most efficient way to assemble these products within defined operating processes
• Use mechanical and manual handling equipment to move products around the warehouse
• Determine the best way to assemble products to ensure that they arrive in store ready for our customers in optimum condition ensuring availability and reducing waste costs
• To work in a way that reduces the risk of damages to product property and other assets of the business
• Identify and move damaged stock according to training, and then take appropriate action and inform other team members of issues
• To work in a way that is compliant with training, ensuring that all safe working practices are fully adhered to
• Move products that are assembled to the correct area before dispatch to store
• Maintain inventory controls and highlight any discrepancies within the stock systems to ensure accuracy, and that availability to stores is not impacted.
• Ensure correct temperature is maintained for products throughout the process to ensure that the depot operates legally, availability targets are achieved at store, and waste is reduced on site
• Work in accordance with all safety regulations, promoting safety and wellbeing
• Keep a clean and safe working environment and optimise space utilisation within the department
• Work in a focused and efficient manner to contribute towards meeting all depot KPIs
• Communicate and cooperate with colleagues and management throughout the depot to ensure that all departments are able to deliver great availability to our stores
How I will succeed
• Achieves all performance standards (100 CPM where measured.)
• Achieve all agreed accuracy levels in line with site targets
• Participate proactively in delivering efficiencies and great store service
• All products are safely stacked
• Waste on site is reduced
• Damages on site are reduced
• Accidents on site are reduced
• To model companies behaviours
What I need to know
• Good communication skills
• Ability to follow a set process and instructions
• Ability to work under pressure applying strict attention to detail
• Organised and methodical
• How to operate mechanical and manual handling equipment provided
• Local health and safety regulations
• Computer literate
• Familiarity with warehousing processes
• RTITB qualified drivers
What I need to show
• We are trusting each other working together: works with other team members to ensure that the product is delivered efficiently and accurately in a safe manner. Assists in the promotion of a respectful working environment for all.
• We are making it simpler: makes suggestions on how to simplify our processes. Ensuring agreed processes are adhered to and assisting in steering others to ensure processes are fully understood and adhered to.
• We are delivering great service, driving sales: takes the appropriate time to ensure safe and correct stacking of products within the allotted time measurement to ensure timely and accurate delivery of products to stores.
• We are making it happen: ensures all work is completed in a timely and accurate manner whilst adhering to all safe working practices ensuring that the depot operates in a legal and safe manner. Personal responsibility to achieve individual and team targets.
• We are treating every pound as our own: works as trained to ensure no damage to stock. Identifies and suggests cost saving opportunities.
• We are cheering on progress: feedback to team members and managers when great work is observed. Nominate colleagues through the corporate recognition schemes.
Resources available to me
• Depot Management teams
• Site Colleague Forum
• Sainsbury’s Social Association
• MHE provided
• Technology associated with the role
• WMS to assist in the accurate picking of stock
• Feedback and coaching on performance
What decisions I can make
• Determine the most efficient way to assemble products
• Minor stock adjustments
• Time management within shift
• Operational decisions in accordance with responsibilities for the task