Analyst – Nectar360 Analytics: (Shopper Marketing)
What is it about?
Based in Sainsbury’s Holborn office, Nectar360 is the company behind Nectar, the UK’s largest loyalty programme, with 19m members across the country. We’re recruiting an ambitious Analyst to work in Nectar 360’s Shopper Marketing Analytics team to work closely with some of the prominent FMCG brands sold within Sainsbury’s, to produce high quality, data driven insights that creates impact and drive change.
Do you take satisfaction in seeing your recommendations implemented in the real world? Are you analytically creative and motivated by new challenges? Do you have a passion for working with data to drive insight and improve customer understanding?
When you join Nectar360 Analytics you will be using our large data set to provide world-class customer insights to help partners understand how we can personalise the customer experience and drive business impact. This role is a fantastic opportunity to apply your people and analytical leadership skills.
The role reports into an Insight Manager and is based at Nectar360 (Holborn).
What will you be doing:
- Together with your analytics team and FMCG client stakeholders, you’ll be working on analytical projects to defined briefs. Identifying and seeking clarifications on areas of ambiguity in briefing.
- You’ll take responsibility for analytical projects, which you’ll be able to independently fulfil, utilising multiple datasets such as SKU level transaction data, web data and customer information
- You’ll take charge of your day-to-day analysis and planning, helping to support the lead analysts with the prioritisations of internal/external stakeholders, whilst ensuring projects are seen through to completion according to your project plan.
- You should be able to look beyond the data to find relevant and actionable insights that are useful and interesting to stakeholders.
- You’ll take a pro-active role in assisting the development of junior members of the team and overall team development areas.
- You’ll develop strong relationships with a range of stakeholders and set expectations in-line with defined processes.
- You’ll be responsible for making your insight actionable; explaining complex analytics to non-technical audiences and making clear recommendations on how stakeholders should be using the insight you’re providing.
- Creating well formatted Word and PowerPoint documents that explain the analysis that you have generated, presenting findings to stakeholders and internally in an engaging and enthusiastic manner
- Support on larger scale media & developmental analytics projects as part of wider team objectives and based on fluctuation of workload. Operate as part of a wider team of pooled analytical resource to complete regular media evaluation deliveries.
What we would like you to have:
- A university degree (2.1 or higher) in a numerate discipline (e.g. Mathematics, Statistics)
- To be an experienced user of SQL and ideally R. Previous experience of Python, AWS would be advantageous
- At least 2 years of experience in working in the field of data analysis and customer insight
- Advanced Excel skills to be able to manipulate data and deliver enhanced workbooks to stakeholders both internal and external. Basic understanding of VBA would be useful
- Strong interpersonal and team working skills
- Keen commercial awareness
- Great communication skills, with the ability to translate data into effective and influential insight
This role will suit you if:
- You enjoy working in a fast-paced environment where priorities can quickly change. You’ll need to think on your feet and have the confidence to voice your thoughts and opinions and be prepared to make recommendations on the application of the best analytical techniques.
- You’re looking to work autonomously in a client-facing environment. You’ll take accountability for your analytical projects and build strong collaborative partnerships with both the FMCG stakeholders and internal teams.
- You thrive on excellence all the way. You will need to deliver high-quality insight with attention to detail.
This is a great opportunity to learn and share knowledge across the breadth of Nectar360’s analytical expertise in the UK with the vision of being recognised as world class in loyalty and customer analytics.
The Nectar360 Analytics team is a centre of excellence for employees to advance their analytical understanding in the field of loyalty marketing and business & customer/collector analysis.
You’ll develop through stretching goals, targeted development and exposure to interesting work and people. Working for Nectar360, you will be proud to be part of one of the UK’s best known brands, and to be working with our FMCG clients who are the leading consumer and business brands.
We believe people are at their best and their happiest when they are using their strengths. We will work with you to maximise your strengths are and help you achieve your career goals, so that you can go on to do great things within Nectar360 and beyond.
We offer a competitive salary, bonus scheme, pension and colleague discount for Sainsbury’s, Argos and Habitat. We also offer a subsidised gym membership (gym located within the building) and subsidised onsite cafeteria, along with a host of other benefits.
Work-life balance is important to us, so we offer our colleagues as much flexibility as possible in line with the needs of their role. We trust them to decide how, where and when they work, combining remote and collaborative working with a flexible approach to hours, giving them plenty of time and space for life outside of work whilst delivering against our business goals.