As Assistant Merchandiser, you’ll be responsible for supporting the team in the delivery of customer focussed product ranges to successfully achieve sales, profit, margin and stock targets through the Merchandising of a range or product category.
You’ll be looking at trend analysis to make sure that we always have what our customers want and need. This is one more step into a career in merchandising, and we’re hoping that we can help you to go far.
About the role:
- Review weekly trading performance to identify any issues and opportunities, and prepare relevant analysis as required
- Own and manage category/range & SKU level forecasts to ensure sales, stock holding, margin and availability is optimised.
- Understanding and use of merchandising systems in the management of intake and the stock position
- Work with the A&R replenishment assistant to plan initial allocations & launch builds & ensure that stock & availability targets are met.
- Identifying where system parameters can be adapted to maximise availability and stock efficiencies.
- Complete attribute analysis to support the Merchandiser in trading and planning activities.
- Assist Merchandiser/ Senior Merchandiser to ensure on-time delivery through supporting the achievement of merchandising milestones within the critical path, ensuring any issues are resolved or raised where appropriate.
- Oversee timely delivery of stock into the warehouse, to maximise availability in line with agreed KPI’s and timelines for all channels
- Responsible for order management in line with agreed parameters.
- Demonstrate high levels of process compliance and data integrity
- Ensure team activity is legal and compliant
- Support the sustainability agenda
More about you:
- Previous experience in an Assistant Merchandiser or Merchandise Admin position
- Understanding of allocation & stock management
- Demonstrable experience of forecasting and updating a WSSI
- Strong analytical & numerical skills
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent admin and organisational ability
- A self-starter with a desire to develop
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Take accountability to ensure that own and team targets are met.
- Positive and proactive approach to building relationships with stakeholders
- Confidence to learn new systems
Work-life balance is important to us, so we offer our colleagues as much flexibility as possible in line with the needs of their role. We trust them to decide how, where and when they work, combining remote and collaborative working with a flexible approach to hours, giving them plenty of time and space for life outside of work whilst delivering against our business goals.