Customer and Trading Manager opportunities at our Sainsbury's Grayshott store
It couldn’t be easier to develop an amazing retail management career with Sainsbury’s. Our small format supermarkets are the perfect size to help you develop all the skills you’ll need — and more.
You’ll be responsible for everything that happens instore during your shift; and great training will give you the confidence to lead your team, plan resources effectively and ensure customers are always delighted.
What you’ll be doing
Our purpose is that driven by our passion for food, together we serve and help every customer.
You’ll run the shift during the day, managing your team’s performance and time, demonstrating a decisive, organised and inclusive approach. Reporting into the Store Manager, you and the small team of other managers will be planning in advance including shift patterns, product availability and busy times throughout the day so that those essential products are there for our customers and everything runs like clockwork. And at the end of every shift, you’ll give a thorough handover to the next Manager.
We’ll give you the time and space you need to do all that properly. Because when our teams work really well together, our customers notice.
Who you are
This is a great way to begin your management career in retail, or to develop the skills you already have and make them first-class. Our customers are always looking for that something extra special instore, and your ability to guide, motivate and inspire your team of colleagues will be key to achieving that.
Our structure gives clear management presence across the full range of opening hours so that our customers and colleagues always feel able to ask for help or offer solutions when things aren’t going so well. As a Customer and Trading Manager in our small supermarkets we’ll even give you the opportunity to work your full time hours across four days. You’ll ultimately be accountable for making everything as good as it can be. We’re an award-winning diverse employer so you’ll nurture a team where everyone feels supported to be themselves.
How you can develop
There are plenty of opportunities for you to stretch and develop your skills so just let us know when you’re ready to take on more. Remember, you’ll be part of the Sainsbury’s team so you’ll never, ever be short of options.
What we’ll give you
Salary will be dependent upon your experience as well as the store size, complexity and location. We also offer a great range of benefits for all our colleagues, including:
· Condensed working - you’ll have the opportunity to work your hours flexibly over 4 days
· Discount card – provided after 4 weeks that gives you and a second user 10% on most items in Sainsbury’s, Argos and Habitat. Discount is increased at Sainsbury’s to 15% every pay day for five days plus 15% at Argos on every pay day.
· Free food and hot drinks provided for Colleagues in all our stores.
· Generous holiday entitlement, maternity and paternity leave
· Pension – we’ll match 4-7% of your pension contributions
· Sainsbury’s share scheme – build up an investment at discounted prices
· Wellbeing support – access to emotional support, counselling, legal and financial advice
· Colleague networks – link with like-minded people to help fulfil your potential
· Cycle to Work scheme – hire a new bike and cycling equipment, whilst saving on tax and NI
· Special offers on gym memberships, restaurants, holidays, retail vouchers and more
Click ‘apply’ to start your Sainsbury’s journey