We are currently recruiting brilliant Night Managers in the East Hampshire area
Full time and part time opportunities, our full time Night Managers work a 4 day week
Salary from £27,250 plus £4500 night premium
Night shift is where the magic happens. Deliveries come in, shelves are restocked and everything has to be ready for the working day. It’s a great place to start, or develop, your retail management career, because it’ll help you develop all the skills you need.
You’ll lead the overnight team and be responsible for what happens instore during your shift; and great training will give you the confidence to lead your team, plan resources effectively and ensure customers are always delighted.
What you’ll be doing
Our purpose is that driven by our passion for food, together we serve and help every customer.
Your team will restock shelves, take in warehouse deliveries and help with overnight online picking. You’ll make sure that everything is exactly where it’s needed for colleagues and customers in the morning. Your focus will be operational in-store management — smoothly running the shift during the night, managing your team’s performance and time, and demonstrating a decisive, organised and inclusive approach.
We recognise that working at night isn’t for everyone and an additional annual premium of up to £4,500 is applied to salaries for nightshift management roles, where eligible.
Whilst on shift you’ll be ultimately responsible for making sure it runs like clockwork. In collaboration with other managers, you’ll be planning shift patterns and activities in advance. And at the end of your shift, you’ll do a thorough handover to the next Manager.
We’ll give you the time and space you need to do all that properly. Because when our teams work really well together, our customers notice.
Who you are
This is a great way to begin your management career in retail, or to develop the skills you already have and make them first-class. Our customers are always looking for that something extra special instore, and your ability to guide, motivate and inspire your team of colleagues will be key to achieving that.
Our structure gives clear management presence across the full range of opening hours so that our customers and colleagues always feel able to ask for help or offer solutions when things aren’t going so well. You’ll ultimately be responsible for making everything as good as it can be. We’re an award-winning diverse employer so you’ll nurture a team where everyone feels supported to be themselves.
How you can develop
There are plenty of opportunities for you to stretch and develop your skills so just let us know when you’re ready to take on more. Remember, you’ll be part of the Sainsbury’s family so you’ll never, ever be short of options.
What we’ll give you
Salary will be dependent upon your experience as well as the store size, complexity and location. Alongside this, we also offer a great range of benefits for all our colleagues, including:
· Nightshift premium - up to £4,500 annually for working nights, where eligible
· 4 night week - our full-time nightshift managers work their hours across 4 nights
· Discount card – 10% discount off on your shopping at Sainsbury’s, Argos, Tu and Habitat after four weeks. This increases to 15% discount off at Sainsbury’s every Friday and Saturday and 15% off at Argos every pay day.
· Free food and hot drinks provided for Colleagues in all our stores.
· Generous holiday entitlement, maternity and paternity leave
· Pension - we’ll match 4-7% of your pension contributions
· Sainsbury’s share scheme - build up an investment at discounted prices
· Wellbeing support - access to emotional support, counselling, legal and financial advice
· Colleague networks - link with like-minded people to help fulfil your potential
· Cycle to Work scheme - hire a new bike and cycling equipment, whilst saving on tax and NI
· Special offers on gym memberships, restaurants, holidays, retail vouchers and more
Click ‘apply’ to start your Sainsbury’s journey