Rate: £12.00 per hour
Guaranteed hours and regular overtime. What more could you want?
We wrote the book (OK, the catalogue) on online shopping and we’re the go-to place for Black Friday and Christmas gifts. From toys to technology, watches to inflatable unicorns, millions of customers come to us every year in search of the perfect product to make their season merry and bright. You’ll be joining the team at our busiest time of the year and helping us to continue our tradition of creating fantastic experiences for millions of customers.
How about a focus on quality, not quantity? The sign of success when delivering for Argos is satisfied customers, so we focus on delivering responsibly, as well as on time and with a smile. It makes for a more personal, friendly experience for our drivers.
There have been some really exciting things going on behind the scenes here. Now that Argos is a brand within Sainsbury’s, we’re opening new Argos Local Fulfilment Centres (LFCs) nationwide, offering a better, quicker choice to our customers. That means full-time, part-time and flexible hours plus overtime if you want it in a job which could really work around you.
What you’ll do
You’ll load your own van with help from the warehouse team, then deliver a set number of drops in a shift with an ePod to guide you. You will need to drive safely and follow our guidelines of course. That said, you’ll put the customer first and deliver smiles as well as packages. We’ll only be a phone call away if you need us while you’re out on the road, and our route guidance will always plan to get you back to site within your shift times
What you’ll need
For insurance purposes, you have to be over 18 and have held a full UK/EU driving licence for at least 12 months and with no more than 6 points on it.
What’s in it for you?
You’ll really benefit from the supportive, family feel and a helpful management team. What’s more, as you’ll be part of a Sainsbury’s-owned multi-brand retailer, there are many ways you could develop your career across different parts of the business.
You’ll also enjoy 10% discount across all three brands, free onsite parking in most of our sites, and free tea and coffee on site. Plus you’ll get to drive a modern Sprinter van for your shifts, with insurance and fuel covered.
Alongside this, we also offer a great range of benefits for all our colleagues, including:
- Discount card – 10% discount off on your shopping at Sainsbury’s, Argos, Tu and Habitat after four weeks. This increases to 15% discount off at Sainsbury’s every Friday and Saturday and 15% off at Argos every pay day.
- Food and hot drinks is provided in colleague areas in all our Local Fulfilment Centres
- Generous holiday entitlement, maternity and paternity leave.
- Pension – we’ll match 4-7% of your pension contributions.
- Sainsbury’s share scheme – build up an investment at discounted rates
- Wellbeing support – access to emotional support, counselling, legal and financial advice
- Colleague networks – link with like-minded people to help fulfil your potential.
- Our Cycle to Work scheme gives you the opportunity to hire a new bike and cycling equipment, whilst saving on tax and NI.
- Special offers on gym memberships, restaurants, holidays, retail vouchers and more.
Whilst many of our roles will be temporary over the festive period, there may also be permanent opportunities available – please check the contract type and hours before applying to ensure that the role is right for you.