Argos is the go-to-place for Black Friday and Christmas with millions of customers shopping with us to find the perfect products for themselves and their loved ones. That’s why we’re looking for people to join us at our busiest and most fun time of the year to continue our tradition of creating fantastic experiences for everyone who shops with us. Ready to be part of it? Let’s go!
Whilst many of our roles will be temporary over the festive period, there may also be permanent opportunities available - please check the contract type and schedule hours before applying to ensure that the role is right for you.
If you love delivering an excellent service, then you’ll love being part of the team at Argos. Working in one of our standalone Argos retail stores, it’s so much more than just driving; you’ll be the person delivering a friendly service right to our customers' doors, making sure they get their orders exactly when they want to. When you’re not driving, you’ll be maintaining a slick operation in the stock room or on the shop floor so we’re always delivering the right products at the right time.
Most of our roles work a variety of shifts across the week and three shift blocks during the day; Monday to Sunday 5:00am - 1:00pm, 1:00pm - 6:00pm, 6:00pm - 10:30pm. You’ll have your guaranteed hours every week and there will be opportunities for you to work overtime if you want to including supporting your local Sainsbury’s delivery operation.
It is a legal requirement that candidates must be at least 18 years or over and have held a full manual driving licence for at least 12 months (with no more than 6 points on your licence). We'll ask you to complete an online driving risk assessment as part of your interview and, if you’re successful, there’ll be a driving assessment when you join us.
We aim to make everyone who joins us be the best they can be and are committed to being a fully inclusive retailer where our customers love to shop, and our colleagues love to work!
Alongside a market leading rate of pay, we also offer a great range of benefits for all our colleagues:
- Discount card – 10% discount off on your shopping at Sainsbury’s, Argos, Tu and Habitat after four weeks. This increases to 15% discount off at Sainsbury’s every Friday and Saturday, and 15% off at Argos every pay day.
- Free food and hot drinks provided for Colleagues in all our stores.
- Generous holiday entitlement - based on the hours you work.
- Shopping discounts – special offers on gym memberships, restaurants, holidays, retail vouchers and more.
- Family leave – generous maternity and paternity leave.
- Pension – Sainsbury’s will match between 4-7% of your pension contributions.
- Sainsbury’s share schemes – allowing you to buy Sainsbury’s shares at discounted prices and the option to buy shares monthly from your gross salary to build up an investment.
- Wellbeing support – including free access to our Employee Assistance Programme which is a confidential service providing support and guidance on a wide range of issues.