If you love delivering an excellent service, then you’ll love being part of the team at Argos. It’s so much more than just driving; you’ll be the person delivering smiles right to our customers doors, making sure they get their orders exactly when they want to. When you’re not driving, you’ll be maintaining a slick operation in the stock room or on the shop floor so we’re always delivering the right products at the right time.
Most of our roles work a variety of shifts across the week and three shift blocks during the day; Monday to Sunday 5:00am - 1:00pm, 1:00pm - 6:00pm, 6:00pm - 10:30pm. You’ll have your guaranteed hours every week and there will be opportunities for you to work overtime if you want to including supporting your local Sainsbury’s delivery operation.
It is a legal requirement that candidates must be at least 18 years or over and have held a full manual driving licence for at least 12 months (with no more than 6 points on your licence). We'll ask you to complete an online driving risk assessment as part of your interview and, if you’re successful, there’ll be a driving assessment when you join us.
You’re also part of a multi-brand multi-channel retailer that prioritises colleague development so this role could propel your career within one of our brands.
Alongside a market leading salary, we also offer a great range of benefits for all our colleagues:
- Discount card – provided after 12 weeks that gives you 10% on most items in Sainsbury’s, Argos and Habitat. Discount is increased at Sainsbury’s to 15% every pay day for five days plus 15% at Argos on selected weekends during the year.
- Generous holiday entitlement - based on the hours you work.
- Family leave – generous maternity and paternity leave.
- Pension – Sainsbury’s will match between 4-7% of your pension contributions.
- Sainsbury’s share schemes – allowing you to buy Sainsbury’s shares at discounted prices and the option to buy shares monthly from your gross salary to build up an investment.
- Wellbeing support – including free access to Unmind (a mental wellbeing app) and our Employee Assistance Programme which is a confidential service providing emotional support, practical information and guidance on a wide range of topics, such as legal information, financial information and short-term counselling.
- Colleague networks – a range of internal networks that create an environment where every single colleague can be themselves and fulfil their potential.
- Cycle to work scheme – hire a bike and accessories, saving on tax and national insurance.
- Shopping discounts – special offers on gym memberships, restaurants, holidays, retail vouchers and more.