‘Tis the season to sparkle at Sainsbury’s and make Christmas shine for our customers. It’s our busiest and most magical time of the year so we’re looking for people who love Christmas and food as much as we do! There’s no better time to join our team and help millions of customers prepare for their celebrations and join in the excitement of the festive season!
Whilst many of our roles will be temporary over the festive period, there may also be permanent opportunities available - please check the contract type and schedule hours before applying to ensure that the role is right for you.
Love food, but also have an eye for fashion, interiors, homeware or gaming? This is the role for you! As one of our General Merchandise Assistants, you’ll help to position and sell our fantastic Tu and Habitat brands, and make sure our homeware and entertainment products are organised and displayed to catch our customers’ eyes.
You’ll need a good attention to detail and helping customers find whatever’s on their shopping list, as well as the ability to suggest other products they’ll love. You’ll move products around and into the best position, as trends or seasons change - you could be bringing the garden furniture out when the sun is shining or the winter coats when the weather turns. We’ve got all the tools to help know which products go where in store, so you’ll always know exactly how to make the most of our stock and displays.
We aim to make everyone who joins us be the best they can be and are committed to being a fully inclusive retailer where our customers love to shop, and our colleagues love to work!
Sainsbury's will only recruit individuals who have passed the school leaver’s age. To find out the school leavers age for your country please visit: https://www.gov.uk/know-when-you-can-leave-school
Alongside a market leading rate of pay, we also offer a great range of benefits for all our colleagues:
- Discount card – 10% discount off on your shopping at Sainsbury’s, Argos, Tu and Habitat after four weeks. This increases to 15% discount off at Sainsbury’s every Friday and Saturday, and 15% off at Argos every pay day.
- Free food and hot drinks provided for Colleagues in all our stores.
- Generous holiday entitlement - based on the hours you work.
- Shopping discounts – special offers on gym memberships, restaurants, holidays, retail vouchers and more.
- Family leave – generous maternity and paternity leave.
- Pension – Sainsbury’s will match between 4-7% of your pension contributions.
- Sainsbury’s share schemes – allowing you to buy Sainsbury’s shares at discounted prices and the option to buy shares monthly from your gross salary to build up an investment.
- Wellbeing support – including free access to our Employee Assistance Programme which is a confidential service providing support and guidance on a wide range of issues.