‘Tis the season to sparkle at Sainsbury’s and make Christmas shine for our customers. It’s our busiest and most magical time of the year so we’re looking for people who love Christmas and food as much as we do! There’s no better time to join our team and help millions of customers prepare for their celebrations and join in the excitement of the festive season!
Whilst many of our roles will be temporary over the festive period, there may also be permanent opportunities available - please check the contract type and schedule hours before applying to ensure that the role is right for you.
Love food and life on the road? Then you’ll have a great time behind the wheel as one of our Online Drivers, delivering our groceries and a cheerful, friendly service to our online customers.
As one of our Online Drivers, you’ll be focused on delivering our customers’ shopping on-time and in great condition and offering them a brilliant service. That could be making sure they’re greeted with a smile on the doorstep, professionally dealing with their queries, or keeping them aware of any delays. It’s a hands-on job, but also one that makes you the face of Sainsbury’s, so you’ll take pride in doing the right thing for customers. You’ll also need to be comfortable with lifting and moving online containers of up to 15kg. When you’re not out on the road, you’ll be helping out in the store.
You’ll be fully licenced to drive but we’ll offer you further coaching to drive one of our delivery vehicles. It is a legal requirement that candidates must be 18 years old or over and have held a full manual or automatic driving licence for at least 12 months (with no more than 6 points on your licence). We’ll ask you to complete an online driving risk assessment as part of your interview, and if you’re successful, there’ll be a driving assessment when you join us.
We aim to make everyone who joins us be the best they can be and are committed to being a fully inclusive retailer where our customers love to shop, and our colleagues love to work!
Alongside a market leading rate of pay, we also offer a great range of benefits for all our colleagues:
- Discount card – 10% discount off on your shopping at Sainsbury’s, Argos, Tu and Habitat after four weeks. This increases to 15% discount off at Sainsbury’s every Friday and Saturday, and 15% off at Argos every pay day.
- Free food and hot drinks provided for Colleagues in all our stores.
- Generous holiday entitlement - based on the hours you work.
- Shopping discounts – special offers on gym memberships, restaurants, holidays, retail vouchers and more.
- Family leave – generous maternity and paternity leave.
- Pension – Sainsbury’s will match between 4-7% of your pension contributions.
- Sainsbury’s share schemes – allowing you to buy Sainsbury’s shares at discounted prices and the option to buy shares monthly from your gross salary to build up an investment.
- Wellbeing support – including free access to our Employee Assistance Programme which is a confidential service providing support and guidance on a wide range of issues.