What will you be doing
• Working together with the Insight Manager and key stakeholders at Sainsbury’s Bank, you’ll be developing, managing and working on an analysis plan that adds value to the Bank business.
• Leading and performing high impact business and customer analysis from conception to completion.
• Responsibilities include campaign design, model building, CRM and reporting across a wide range of media channels.
• You’ll take charge of day to day negotiations and prioritisation of changes with internal and external stakeholders, ensuring analysis is impactful.
• Delivering analysis that demonstrates the commercial benefits of activity, presenting frequently to stakeholders
• Coaching more junior members of the team, with the opportunity to gain some line management experience
• Providing a positive contribution to the wider Sainsbury’s Analytical community, including active participation in the Analytics Academy.
What we would like you to have
• A University degree in a numerate discipline, and ideally, an MSc in a numerate discipline (Mathematics, Statistics)
• To be an experienced user of SQL and ideally R or equivalent. Previous experience of BI tools (e.g. Tableau or Business Objects) and/or AWS / Snowflake would be advantageous
• Experience of working in the field of data analysis and customer insight
• Proficient user of advanced Excel calculations
• Prior experience of building propensity models and/ or customer segmentations advantageous
• Experience of team management or coaching
• Strong interpersonal and team working skills
• Keen commercial awareness
• Great communication skills, with the ability to translate data into effective and influential insight
This role will suit you if
• You’re looking to work autonomously in a fast paced environment. You’ll take full accountability for analytical projects and build strong collaborative partnerships with other experts at a senior level within the Nectar business.
• You thrive on excellence all the way. You will need to deliver high quality insight both personally and through your team. More than just attention to detail, you need to be ready to recommend the best techniques as well as deliver accurately and on time.
• You have strong project management skills to effectively manage stakeholder expectations by sharing clear timelines across all short and longer-term projects.
This is a great opportunity to learn and share knowledge across the breadth of Nectar360’s analytical expertise in the UK with the vision of being recognised as world class in loyalty and customer analytics.
The Nectar360 Analytics team is a centre of excellence for employees to advance their analytical understanding in the field of loyalty marketing and business & customer/collector analysis.
You’ll develop through stretching goals, targeted development and exposure to interesting work and people. Working for Nectar360, you will be proud to be part of one of the UK’s best known brands, and to be working with our Partners who are themselves, leading consumer and business brands.
We believe people are at their best and their happiest when they are using their strengths. We will work with you to work out what those strengths are and how best to use them to achieve what you need to, and more, and to go on to do great things within Nectar360 and beyond.
We offer a competitive salary, bonus scheme, and pension. We offer a subsidised gym membership (Gym located within the building), subsidised onsite cafeteria, along with a host of other benefits.