About the job
This is an exciting opportunity to join the Supply Chain team as an Analyst (also known externally as a demand planner). Our Supply Chain Analysts are responsible for effectively managing a portfolio of products to achieve service to stores on the ‘end to end’ flow of goods through the Supply Chain to agreed corporate targets.
Supply Chain is central to everything that the business does from a customer proposition perspective. Supply Chain Analysts make decisions every day to ensure that our customer availability experience is the best it can be, from launching new products to managing seasonal ranges.
We are looking for someone with experience in a high volume supply chain role or similar operational environment with a good understanding of store retail operations and requirements.
More About The Role
- Responsible for the end-to-end management of a category profile (a group of SKUs) from the supplier, through the Sainsbury’s Logistics network in to multiple channels of the Sainsbury’s store estate.
- Forecast future sales demand for all products within the portfolio and manage the product flow through the Supply Chain, maximising on-shelf availability in store.
- Responsible for achieving Category team shared objectives in relation to profit, sales, waste, availability, working capital (stock), market share growth and increasing customer satisfaction.
- Provide business analysis in relation to sales and availability performance, working capital expenditure, stocking point growth and efficiency to inform and influence the category profiles commercial strategic direction.
- Plan, effectively communicate, implement, and review post implementation, seasonal events and range updates ensuring profit, sales, waste, availability, working capital (stock), market share growth and customer satisfaction shared objectives are met.
- Contribute to ‘Cost to Serve’ objectives through ongoing and continuous engagement with the supply base, identifying Supply Chain efficiencies and implementing initiatives to deliver Cost of Goods (COGS) reductions.
- Accountable for ongoing and continuous commitment to personal and professional development by maintaining a personal development plan, regularly seeking and providing feedback and supporting other colleagues in their own personal development.
- Support the identification and implementation of initiatives, events, processes and ways of working that will contribute to making Supply Chain “a Great Place to Work”.
- Ensure effective category profile governance with regular (weekly) cross category partnership meetings, setting short and medium term objectives, monitoring and communicating performance.
More About You
- Strong analytic and numerical skills to generate, manipulate and interrogate data to perform accurate root cause analysis and generate analysis and insight of trends.
- Effective project management (desirable not essential).
- Good judgement in the face of multiple, and sometimes conflicting, demands.
- Influences successfully at all levels.
- Effective communicator - understands the importance of, and can build a strong network around the business.
- Commercial/buying related experience in Retail/FMCG (desirable not essential).
- Understands how key Trading decisions are made and how core Trading processes work in practice.
- Strong customer focus.
- Degree level educated (or equivalent)
In addition to the all-important competitive salary, pension & bonus offering, we totally get that life outside work is important to us all. So, we want to shout out some of our other great benefits…
- We offer flexible working to help you achieve a good work/life balance. We’re happy to talk you through what this could mean for you.
- Opportunity to buy extra holidays is on the table.
- Discounts on your weekly shop, buying a laptop or sofa? We’ve got it covered through your Sainsbury’s, Argos, and Habitat store discount card.
- Private Healthcare benefits
- Cycle to work scheme
A little about us & our culture
We’re proud of our heritage as the UK’s first supermarket bank. As digital technology drives the banking landscape we want to be at the cutting edge of this technology, offering award winning innovative digital banking products to our customers. Technology is where we see our growth therefore, we need innovators to join us and drive the next phase of our evolution.
We’re a friendly bunch who collectively share a passion to make our customers’ financial lives easier. As part of the wider Sainsbury’s Group, being one of the UK’s most trusted brands, it brings our colleagues a wealth of opportunities to fulfil their potential. Here, you can be part of something bigger and help to create a new approach that puts the customer at the heart of everything we do.
It’s important that our colleagues reflect the diversity of the communities we serve. Our inclusive recruitment policy means we’re committed to training and developing all our colleagues, treating everyone fairly and equally when they come and work with us.
As this role involves working within a regulated environment any offer will be subject to satisfactory background checks including criminal record check, credit check, fraud check and employment references.