London (Holborn) or Coventry & Home
Head of Brand Propositions
In Category Propositions our focus is on developing a marketing plan with the customer at the heart. As a team we work closely with multiple teams in the business to make sure that our proposition plan is built on customer insights, reflects commercial priorities from trading and suppliers and is creatively exciting and helpful to our customers. All of this combines in our ambition to develop a proposition plan which is exciting, relevant and challenging- responsive to the changes we see in a fast-paced market and reflective of a desire to learn all we can from our activity and insight.
Key areas of responsibility in your role will be:
- To support in delivering general merchandise propositions in support of our brand strategies and customer plans.
- To ensure the category specific critical path is aligned to the gate process and that our customer plan (OnePlan) accurately reflects our category plans.
- To work closely with our key stakeholders to gather the information required to build the propositions, ensuring that the products and categories nominated help us to meet the objectives that ladder back to the category and customer strategies.
As a Proposition Executive you’ll:
- Support the Propositions Manager to translate the Customer and Category Strategy and Annual Plan in to meaningful, creative, relevant and unique propositions.
- Work closely with our insights team to develop relevant insights which drive the direction of our quarterly planning and individual proposition briefs, ensuring we always demonstrate a clear understanding of customer mindsets and behaviours that enables us to challenge and evaluate our thinking to consistently improve our communication to customers.
- Support the Propositions Manager working with the commercial team to ensure we are consistently up to date with their category priorities and use this to bring customer opportunities to life through propositions which will satisfy our customer mindsets and key missions.
- Play a key role in the development and delivery of robust and engaging proposition briefs that bring to life the insight and customer mindset that informs our propositions, with clear objectives and measurable KPIs that relate back to our strategy. With complete ownership of smaller propositions and supporting the Propositions Manager on propositions with a larger area of focus.
- Ensure that responses to brief result in campaigns that deliver against the objectives and KPIs we set out through the planning and proposition development process, engaging regularly with your Campaign colleagues for updates.
- Work closely with your campaign counterpart to ensure the prioritisation of our individual campaign propositions within the media and production budget for the quarter.
- Work with the Propositions Manager, the insights team and the campaign team to ensure a quarterly PIR (performance review) is delivered to ensure that everything we do ladders back to our brand strategy and that we continuously challenge ourselves to improve.
- Create and maintain our category critical path which ensures our key deadlines for quarterly proposition development aligns with our commercial team, campaign management team and marketing agencies/channel teams, as well as our wider business gate process.
- Keep up to date with the market and competitor activity to understand opportunities and/or risks to the plans.
Our Proposition team would love to see:
- Individual with well rounded Marketing experience - 5 years plus
- Prior experience supporting Campaigns / Propositions / Brand Management or similar
- Managing and prioritising workload on an ongoing basis and having the flexibility to respond to business needs.
- An interest in and understanding of the total business beyond our marketing function, seeking out new opportunities for improvement.
- Ability to build credibility amongst key stakeholders.
- Ability to interrogate customer insight.
- Confidence and clarity of thought to influence and challenge stakeholder thinking and add value to our planning.
- Excellent project management.
- Attention to detail and the ability to cut through complexity to generate clear recommendations.
- Ability to use various sets of data and interpret results to achieve a balance of customer and commercial outcomes.
- PowerPoint preparation to a high standard.
Work-life balance is important to us, so we offer our colleagues as much flexibility as possible in line with the needs of their role. We trust them to decide how, where and when they work, combining remote and collaborative working with a flexible approach to hours, giving them plenty of time and space for life outside of work whilst delivering against our business goals.
As well as a great work-life balance, lots of on-the-job training and endless opportunities, click here for more detail on our benefits: https://sainsburys.jobs/working-for-us/benefits/