As a Prevention Change Manager you will provide Shrink & Cash Loss expertise within Sainsburys and Argos with a combined shrinkage budget in excess of £200m. You will provide end to end support throughout the product journey from supplier to store, ensuring required next steps are taken to protect products and minimise loss. You’ll business partner effectively with the category teams and other central functions to protect inventory and understand and provide insight into the interdependencies between known and unknown loss across different product groups.
You’ll influence a number of business functions including Trading, Space & Formats and Retail Operations into taking action that improves business performance whilst also protecting colleague values and customer experience. You’ll also work with business functions on new and more effective solutions to shrink and cash loss.
More about the role
- In partnership with the category teams, create loss prevention strategies annually that support an improvement in loss values
- Provide strategic advice to trading teams to ensure inventory is protected and stock loss prevented at each step in the products journey
- Influence and guide business functions to be aware of and responsive to the challenges of loss preventions, working together on solutions and processes that are commercially beneficial
- Provide insights and actions to the retail operations teams on the differing levels of loss prevention risk across the categories, with clear actions to improve performance
- Take regular feedback from Retail teams on current challenges and opportunities, championing retailers and customers with support functions
- Work effectively with 3rd party supplier base on innovative and cost-effective loss prevention solutions
- Retain a working knowledge of activities and actions across all loss prevention category plans, in order to provide operational cover when required
- Provide loss prevention business solutions that support financial targets whilst maintaining a safe environment for colleagues customers that supports the company vision and goals
More about you
- Thorough knowledge of operational processes across the end-to-end life of inventory
- Good Knowledge of financial management systems coupled with high commercial awareness
- Experience of retail operations, customer expectations and loss risks
- Expert level of category knowledge with a working knowledge across the broad spectrum of products sold by Sainsburys and Argos
- Working Knowledge of the role of Stock Operations and Retail Finance in supporting loss prevention
- High degree of tenacity and resilience coupled with outstanding influence and negotiation skills
- Preferable, understanding of the Loss prevention industry, strategies and key players
- Preferable, understanding of cash management processes
In return you'll get
As a Prevention Change Manager, you’ll also receive a host of great benefits. As well as a competitive salary, rewarding bonus scheme and private healthcare, you will receive a huge range of learning and development opportunities, 26 days’ holiday, a save-as-you-earn scheme, pension and staff discounts at Argos, Sainsbury’s and Habitat.
Work-life balance is important to us, so we offer our colleagues as much flexibility as possible in line with the needs of their role. We trust them to decide how, where and when they work, combining remote and collaborative working with a flexible approach to hours, giving them plenty of time and space for life outside of work whilst delivering against our business goals.