In a nutshell
As one of our Commercial Managers, you’ll be responsible for the Loans strategy, commercial delivery against budget and 5-year plan. Working with a wide range of key stakeholders, you’ll influence priorities across the business and ensure a clear prioritised roadmap is in place to deliver brilliant customer outcomes, acquisition targets and retention targets. You’ll forecast and drive business performance, identify gaps in our products, processes, propositions and in the market, and drive the activity that delivers and exceeds our commitments to both customers and targets.
What you’ll be doing
- Owning the Loans commercial strategy, shaping with stakeholders across the business.
- Working with key stakeholders such as Marketing, Data Science, Finance and Operations to shape the acquisition and retention strategy for Loans.
- Taking the lead in developing business cases for Loans change projects.
- Tying business plans to economic forecast and market projections, including regular reporting and commentary to ensure wide awareness of the macro environment.
- Devising and delivering cross-sale and top-up strategy. This will be delivered across various business areas, so leadership and vision are key to deliver through others.
- Optimising the Loans customer journey by working with Digital and Marketing teams to ensure key activity is prioritised, based on the best possible outcomes for our customers and optimised performance.
- Ensuring compliance and conduct risk are at the heart of what you do, engaging Product Management and relevant Risk/Legal teams.
- Reviewing end-to-end product and customer lifecycles, benchmarking against ‘best in class’ across the market. Continuous optimisation and improvements are key.
- Working with Marketing, Data Science, and the wider Loans teams to optimise targeting, propensity models, attribution and channel optimisation.
- Ensuring our products, propositions and rewards are compelling in the market and focused on the target customer base.
What you need to know and show
- Commercial/Product Management experience within Financial Services, preferably in unsecured lending products.
- Experience with P&L management and financial analysis
- Customer-focused, with an ability to understand customer need and build compelling & profitable customer propositions.
- Track record of delivery in complex environments. You’ll have a high level of resourcefulness, with excellent organisational and programme management skills.
- Strong influencing and relationship-building skills, across all levels.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills. You’ll have the ability to communicate with impact and articulate complex data to a wide array of audiences.
In addition to the all- important competitive salary, pension & bonus offering, we totally get that life outside work is important to us all. So, we want to shout out some of our other great benefits…
- We offer flexible working to help you achieve a good work/life balance
- Opportunity to buy extra holidays is on the table
- Discounts on your weekly shop, buying a laptop or sofa? We’ve got it covered through your Sainsburys, Argos and Habitat store discount card
- Cycle to work scheme
A little about us & our culture
We’re proud of our heritage as the UK’s first supermarket bank. As digital technology drives the banking landscape we want to be at the cutting edge of this technology, offering award winning innovative digital banking products to our customers. Technology is where we see our growth therefore we need innovators to join us and drive the next phase of our evolution.
We’re a friendly bunch who collectively share a passion to make our customers’ financial lives easier. As part of the wider Sainsbury’s Group, being one of the UK’s most trusted brands, it brings our colleagues a wealth of opportunities to fulfil their potential. Here, you can be part of something bigger and help to create a new approach that puts the customer at the heart of everything we do.
Everyone is welcome at the Sainsbury’s Group, and we’re proud to be an equal opportunities employer that champions a diverse and inclusive culture that reflects the diversity of the communities we serve.
Work-life balance is important to us, so we offer our colleagues as much flexibility as possible in line with the needs of their role. We trust them to decide how, where and when they work, combining remote and collaborative working with a flexible approach to hours within their working days, giving plenty of time and space for life outside of work whilst delivering against our business goals.
If you’re interested in applying and are excited about working with us but are unsure if you have the right skills and experience – we’d still love to hear from you! We’d also be happy to discuss more flexible working options such as job shares and part time working.
As this role involves working within a regulated environment any offer will be subject to satisfactory background checks including criminal record check, credit check, fraud check and employment references.