Our South Zone covers South of the UK and Wales. We will consider candidates who are geographically mobile and are available to travel into our Store Support Centre in Holborn.
For Sainsbury’s HR, people are the most important asset we have and we’re always looking for the brightest talent to bring fresh energy, experience, and inspiration. This helps us to get the best out of our people and make sure they have everything they need to feel valued, engaged, and motivated. Within HR we do exactly that and take pride in making a real difference to millions of customers’ lives.
In the Talent Team, we relish the opportunity to make a difference and we’re passionate about what we do and how we can support the Group HR strategy. We aim to be credible, curious, and collaborative – knowing our business areas, asking the right questions, and using our shared experience and knowledge to ensure that our business benefits from the huge talent that our people have. Being human is a big part of this, being interested in the people around you and finding ways to help them develop their potential to benefit our business and our customers.
As a Talent Delivery Consultant, you’ll play an important role in supporting the development of colleagues and the delivery of strategic talent plans for your own business area(s) by working closely with your stakeholders. You’ll have responsibility for key talent and development initiatives ranging from facilitating talent reviews to regional and zonal specific development requirements. You’ll ensure that we identify and develop the best talent to strengthen teams across the business, and deliver on our group aims for diversity, inclusion, and progression.
In other organisations, this role might be known as HR Business Partner, Junior Talent Partner or Talent Development Specialist among others, but no matter what your role title is, we’re looking for someone with experience of managing and influencing stakeholders, analysing data to provide useful insight, and developing talent within a large, complex organisation
More about the role:
- Support the Stores across the South Zone Lead in delivering the talent plan, managing, and coordinating activities as required, including end to end project delivery.
- Work with Senior Talent Leads to support delivery of talent priorities across the Zone.
- Responsible for shaping, facilitating, and delivering virtual and face to face learning interventions including our leadership development offer for our new and promoted managers across the Zone.
- Improve the lived experience of our colleagues through understanding what colleagues are telling us through collating a mix of Quantative and Qualitative data and work with Zonal Leadership team and the Centres of Excellence to co-create solutions.
- Nurture high potential colleagues across the zone and use existing talent frameworks to support their development
- Facilitate and support line managers to leverage corporate tools and approaches to drive colleague engagement, wellbeing and develop an inclusive culture
- Support the Centres of Excellence to co-create solutions fit for our colleagues that improve the colleague experience.
- Support with delivering business led project work e.g., D&I initiatives, wellbeing, leadership capability and recruitment
What you need to know and show
- A good understanding of talent and learning and development processes, models and methodologies and can bring this to life.
- A good understanding of the general HR principles, including internal and external talent
- Experience in delivering engaging face to face/virtual behavioural and technical training
- Confidence with reviewing data from multiple Qualitative and Quotative data sources and the ability to story tell and make sound recommendations
- Great with managing self and others through changes and embracing change at pace
- Good project management skills
- Good at stakeholder management – adapting style and approach to audience
- Confident with MS Office Skills (Excel, PowerPoint and Word)
- Great written and verbal communication skills
If being part of a hugely influential team wasn’t enough, you’ll also receive a host of great benefits. As well as a competitive salary and a huge range of learning and development opportunities, you’ll also enjoy a bonus scheme, holiday allowance, pension, a save as you earn scheme and colleague discounts at Sainsbury's, Argos and Habitat
Work-life balance is important to us, so we offer our colleagues as much flexibility as possible in line with the needs of their role. We trust them to decide how, where and when they work, combining remote and collaborative working with a flexible approach to hours, giving them plenty of time and space for life outside of work whilst delivering against our business goals.