Data Management Consultant
Sainsbury’s Bank, Edinburgh or Widnes
In a nutshell
As Data Management Consultant, you will implement and oversee the Data Management strategy through the Bank’s Data Management Framework.
What you need to do
- You will be responsible for establishing best practice for Data management such as Ownership, Quality and Consumption
- Supporting the business to identify and apply suitable rules and control measures
- Defining data quality metrics, and monitor data quality issues
- Managing, engaging with and supporting a wide range of stakeholders across the business
- Oversee and manage Data Glossaries of technical and business data definitions
- Oversee critical data elements lineage to support critical reporting and key business outcomes
- Drive compliance through Policy and oversight through the Data Design Authority
What you need to know and show
- You must have the ability to explain, educate, train and support the business through data concepts and processes
- You will have strong knowledge of data governance and Data Management capabilities and principles
- Experienced in supporting and implementing a Data Management strategy
- Experience managing complex data domains
You will also need to show a background/knowledge in at least 2 of the below disciplines
- Business glossaries and data dictionaries
- Data quality analysis & reporting
- Data Quality Issue Management
- Metadata & reference data management
- Data lineage & traceability
- Data security & access control
- Data lifecycle management
- Building a data community of practice
Colleague Conduct Rules
The individual performing this role is expected to adhere to the conduct rules as specified by our regulators (PRA and FCA).
In addition to the all-important salary, pension & bonus offering, we totally get that life outside work is important to us all. So we want to shout out some of our other great benefits…
- We offer flexible working to help you achieve a good work/life balance
- Opportunity to buy extra holidays is on the table
- Discounts on your weekly shop, buying a laptop or sofa? We’ve got it covered through your Sainsbury’s, Argos and Habitat store discount card
- Cycle to work scheme and great coffee and cake!
A little about us & our culture
We’re proud of our heritage as the UK’s first supermarket bank. As digital technology drives the banking landscape we want to be at the cutting edge of this technology, offering award winning innovative digital banking products to our customers.
Technology is where we see our growth therefore we need innovators to join us and drive the next phase of our evolution.
We’re a friendly bunch who collectively share a passion to make our customers’ financial lives easier. As part of the wider Sainsbury’s Group, being one of the UK’s most trusted brands, it brings our colleagues a wealth of opportunities to fulfil their potential.
Here, you can be part of something bigger and help to create a new approach that puts the customer at the heart of everything we do.
Everyone is welcome at the Sainsbury’s Group, and we’re proud to be an equal opportunities employer that champions a diverse and inclusive culture that reflects the diversity of the communities we serve. If you’re interested in applying and are excited about working with us, but are unsure if you have the right skills and experience – we’d still love to hear from you! Apply today and we’ll be in touch (we’re also happy to discuss flexible working options (including part time)
As this role involves working within a regulated environment any offer will be subject to satisfactory background checks including criminal record check, credit check, fraud check and employment references.