Software Engineer – (React, NodeJS)
Sainsbury’s Bank, Lochside, Edinburgh
In a nutshell
As a Software Engineer, you will build and maintain modern, attractive user interfaces that provide an outstanding user experience for our customers. You will work as part of an agile development team, helping to build a high performing culture where quality matters and delivery happens at pace.
What you need to do
- Have a passion for developing attractive, responsive and accessible user interfaces
- Want to build quality into everything you do
- Want to work in an environment of continual improvement and strive for ever higher performance
- Have excellent interpersonal skills
What you need to know and show
- ReactJS, Redux, Jest
- Test Driven Development
Why we’re looking for people like you:
- To help us develop new product features and improve existing ones across a variety of projects.
- To collaborate with other engineers, product managers, and designers to deliver an amazing product experience for our customers.
- To contribute new ideas for developing features and refactoring areas of code.
- To share and celebrate what you’ve learned by talking in our Digital Huddle.
- To further develop and flex your technical skills and practices.
Support we will provide
- Access to a wide range of learning offerings including Bitesize
- Relevant technical training as required
- Regular 121s with line manager
- Coaching from other colleagues across the business as required
In addition to the all-important competitive salary, pension & bonus offering, we totally get that life outside work is important to us all. So we want to shout out some of our other great benefits…
- We offer flexible working to help you achieve a good work/life balance.
- Opportunity to buy extra holidays is on the table.
- Discounts on your weekly shop, buying a laptop or sofa? We’ve got it covered through your Sainsbury’s, Argos and Habitat store discount card.
- Cycle to work scheme and great coffee and cake!
A little about us & our culture
We’re proud of our heritage as the UK’s first supermarket bank. As digital technology drives the banking landscape we want to be at the cutting edge of this technology, offering award winning innovative digital banking products to our customers. Technology is where we see our growth therefore we need innovators to join us and drive the next phase of our evolution.
We’re a friendly bunch who collectively share a passion to make our customers’ financial lives easier. As part of the wider Sainsbury’s Group, being one of the UK’s most trusted brands, it brings our colleagues a wealth of opportunities to fulfil their potential. Here, you can be part of something bigger and help to create a new approach that puts the customer at the heart of everything we do.
It’s important that our colleagues reflect the diversity of the communities we serve. Our inclusive recruitment policy means we’re committed to training and developing all our colleagues, treating everyone fairly and equally when they come and work with us.
As this role involves working within a regulated environment any offer will be subject to satisfactory background checks including criminal record check, credit check, fraud check and employment references.