Do you enjoy tackling some of the most exciting and challenging Big Data problems in the industry?
Do you get excited building large-scale technology solutions, which make a difference to millions of customers every day?
If so, then we would like to talk to you. We are looking for a Solution Architect to work within agile delivery teams to create consistent and extensible solutions.
Technologies in our stack include AWS, Kubernetes, Kafka, Hadoop, PySpark, R, Python, Scala, Snowflake and Java. Used to deliver a range of data products including a data lake in S3, a group wide data warehouse and data services to support algorithmic decision making.
We are Sainsbury’s, Argos, Nectar and Bank. The Group is one of the largest Grocery retailers in the UK, a leading Digital retailer, the largest Loyalty programme in the UK and multiple Banking products. We serve customers millions of times a day offering them diverse range of products and services ranging from food, general merchandise, clothing and mortgages.
As one of the largest retailers in the UK, we generate a lot of data and are always looking for better ways to use our ever increasing amounts of data to understand our customers and optimise every aspect of their experience at a scale and richness that few companies can match.
We work in agile, empowered and co-located teams that contain all of the skills and support needed to put data driven outcomes in the hands of our customers and colleagues at pace.
Our culture encourages teams to innovate, collaborate, learn and take ownership. We have Technology hubs in London, Milton Keynes, Manchester, Edinburgh and Coventry with a range of onsite and offsite perks.
What you’ll do
- Work within sprint teams in collaboration with the architecture community of practice to optimise solution design across the data and technology stack
- Deliver flexible designs at sufficient level of detail to enable engineering teams to progress delivery, continually assessing outcomes to assess fit for business needs.
- Research and identify opportunities in emerging technology that could enhance technical delivery within the teams
- Collaborate with the information governance, information security and operations communities to provide consistent and effective solution integration
- Work closely with the technical designers (data modellers) to adopt a consistent approach for both the technical and data landscapes.
- Identify technical opportunities to enable faster and higher quality delivery of data products
Who you are
- A solution architect with a passion for delivering solutions to customers.
- Someone who likes to roll up their sleeves and has hands on experience of the modelling, languages, tools and infrastructure.
- Strong influencing and communication skills to present complex technical challenges in a way in which business users and engineering team members can understand
- Knowledgeable about data modelling, access and storage.
- Self-driven and constantly striving to improve your team.
- Advocate of agile/lean delivery methodologies.
- Someone who continually strives to understand new technical opportunities and has the tenacity to learn associated skills