The big question: why on earth should a Tech professional like you work for a 150-year-old retail chain? Because we’re on a journey. Changing the way we operate. Learning to think nimble. Giving our teams the time and freedom they need to push boundaries. To create amazing systems and technologies. To give our colleagues and our customers even more incredible experiences.
There are thousands of experts to talk to and learn from. We’ve got data from billions of transactions for our teams to play with. Things get built here. They get made here. They hit customers and colleagues quickly. Welcome to the home of Sainsbury's Tech.
- Work within sprint teams in collaboration with the architecture community of practice to optimise solution design across the data and technology stack
- Deliver flexible designs at sufficient level of detail to enable engineering teams to progress delivery, continually assessing outcomes to assess fit for business needs.
- Research and identify opportunities in emerging technology that could enhance technical delivery within the teams
- Collaborate with the information governance, information security and operations communities to provide consistent and effective solution integration
- Work closely with the technical designers (data modellers) to adopt a consistent approach for both the technical and data landscapes.
- Identify technical opportunities to enable faster and higher quality delivery of data products
- A solution architect with a passion for delivering solutions to customers.
- Someone who likes to roll up their sleeves and has hands on experience of the modelling, languages, tools and infrastructure.
- Strong influencing and communication skills to present complex technical challenges in a way in which business users and engineering team members can understand
- Knowledgeable about data modelling, access and storage.
- Self-driven and constantly striving to improve your team.
- Advocate of agile/lean delivery methodologies.
- Someone who continually strives to understand new technical opportunities and has the tenacity to learn associated skills
In return you’ll get:
- Colleague discount across the multi-brands – Sainsbury’s, Argos and Habitat
- Holiday allowance
- Bonus scheme
- Pension plan
- Special offers on gym memberships, restaurants, holidays, retail vouchers and more
Flexible working and job share conversations are encouraged. Across our multi-brands, we’re proud to be an equal opportunities employer that champions a diverse and inclusive culture. If you’re reading this, even if you’re not 100% sure you’re there with your experience, we’d still love to hear from you. If you’d like to find out more head to Sainsbury's Tech