In Property Data Analytics we make the tools and curate data to support geospatial analytics across Sainsbury’s. We lead the way with how we use catchment areas to understand consumer behavior for Sainsbury’s and Argos, create mapping services and apps for our data, and act as consultants for questions from around business related to location. We believe in strong foundations such as where our assets are and how many people live around them, but also like to extend ourselves through research into spatial interaction and agent-based models, big data visualisation, clustering and geotemporal analytics.
As a Spatial Data Analyst, you’ll be a key member of the Property Data Analytics team, widening the use of our online mapping portal around the business and being an advocate for the use of spatial data. You’ll be creating maps and mapping applications to support the strategic questions of “what and where?”, supporting the Property Strategy & Planning team with provision of current and curated spatial data for use across location planning tools and managing the development of these tools, ensuring they are fit for purpose in the changing retail market.
To be successful in this role, you’ll know your way around parts or all of ArcGIS Enterprise suite and be able to quickly pick up other software such as Alteryx, Tableau and SQL. You’ll have also a background in spatial analytics through work experience or recent studies, but most importantly be able to think spatially. We offer a flexible working policy based from Coventry, and encourage applicants wanting either full or part time hours.
More about the role:
- Ensuring that key databases and analytical tools such as the enterprise mapping portal and analogue models are kept up to date, with clean data that reconciles to internal and external sources.
- Improve the efficiency of processes used within Location Planning by supporting the Analytical Systems Manager and Senior Spatial Analyst to automate and build mapping applications and models using ArcGIS Enterprise, Alteryx and others.
- Support the Property Strategy Team and wider business with spatial consultancy on data and analysis to incorporate into strategic projects and presentations.
- Expand the use of the online mapping portal by consulting and supporting teams around Sainsbury’s.
More about you:
- Highly computer literate with skills (or ability to quickly learn) in ArcGIS Enterprise Suite, Alteryx, Tableau and SQL.
- Background in spatial analytics and ability to think spatially, curiosity about how the world works and retail’s place within it.
- Knowledge of a range of analytical, cartographic and visualisation techniques and process design to present findings clearly.
- Self-starter with high degree of self-motivation, drive and growth mindset. Evidence of lifelong learning and development of knowledge and skills.
- Excitement for supporting colleagues and building great working relationships, cheering on progress.
- Highly numerate. MSc in a discipline such as GIS, Spatial Analysis, Geography, Economics, Maths, or Computer Science preferred.
What you'll get in return:
If being part of a highly successful property team wasn’t enough, you’ll also receive a host of great benefits. As well as a competitive salary, rewarding bonus scheme, you will receive a huge range of learning and development opportunities, 9 bank holidays & 22 days’ annual leave plus ability to purchase more days, a save-as-you-earn scheme, pension and staff discounts at Argos, Sainsbury’s and Habitat.