The working pattern for this position is as follows:
Sunday 23:00 - 06:00
Monday 23:00 - 06:00
Thursday 23:00 - 06:00
Friday 23:00 - 06:00
Saturday 23:00 - 06:00
Must be able to flex up to 37 hours for week commencing 17/12/23
‘Tis the season to sparkle at Sainsbury’s and make Christmas shine for our customers. It’s our busiest and most magical time of the year so we’re looking for people who love Christmas and food as much as we do! There’s no better time to join our team and help millions of customers prepare for their celebrations and join in the excitement of the festive season!
Whilst many of our roles will be temporary over the festive period, there may also be permanent opportunities available - please check the contract type and schedule hours before applying to ensure that the role is right for you.
Love food and prefer to work overnight as part of a team? Then look no further. We’re an impressive 24-hour operation, open all day and working through the night to make sure our shops are ready for whenever our customers choose to shop with us.
As a Trading Assistant you’ll be focused on replenishing stock, checking dates across our fresh produce and grocery products as well as helping unload deliveries. It’s important you are comfortable being on your feet, working at pace and using technology as part of our role. Whilst you will be part of a close-knit team, we’ll also trust you to work alone and use your initiative throughout the night.
Whichever area you’re working in, you’ll take pride in doing the right thing for our customers and have a keen attention to detail. You’ll likely have less customer interaction than your daytime colleagues, but you’ll still be tuned into making sure we offer a brilliant shopping experience.
We aim to make everyone who joins us be the best they can be and are committed to being a fully inclusive retailer where our customers love to shop, and our colleagues love to work!
If the shifts for this role cover hours earlier than 6am or later than 11pm, you will need to be at least 18 years of age.
Sainsbury's will only recruit individuals who have passed the school leaver’s age. To find out the school leavers age for your country please visit: https://www.gov.uk/know-when-you-can-leave-school
Alongside a market leading salary, we also offer a great range of benefits for all our colleagues:
- Nightshift premium - in addition to the advertised hourly rate, a further £2.45 nightshift premium is paid for every hour worked between midnight - 5am (where applicable).
- Discount card – 10% discount off on your shopping at Sainsbury’s, Argos, Tu and Habitat after four weeks. This increases to 15% discount off at Sainsbury’s every Friday and Saturday, and 15% off at Argos every pay day.
- Free food and hot drinks provided for Colleagues in all our stores.
- Generous holiday entitlement - based on the hours you work.
- Shopping discounts – special offers on gym memberships, restaurants, holidays, retail vouchers and more.
- Family leave – generous maternity and paternity leave.
- Pension – Sainsbury’s will match between 4-7% of your pension contributions.
- Sainsbury’s share schemes – allowing you to buy Sainsbury’s shares at discounted prices and the option to buy shares monthly from your gross salary to build up an investment.
- Wellbeing support – including free access to our Employee Assistance Programme which is a confidential service providing support and guidance on a wide range of issues.