Are you ready to be the newest member of one of our leadership teams? We think so. Because you love developing others, being a brand ambassador and welcoming better ways of working. If you can get the best out of people, we’d love to see the best of you.
What you’ll do
You’ll coach, develop and support your colleagues to do a brilliant job. From challenging conversations to cheering on progress, you’ll take it all in your stride.
We’ll look to you to lead and motive an energised team, champion our values and show others how to put the customer first — whether that’s structured direction or more ‘in the moment’ guidance. You’ll look after their needs and welfare at work too and take ownership of the things that matter to them the most including pay and scheduling decisions.
Every day you’ll embody positivity and a can-do attitude, whether you’re learning process changes yourself or helping a colleague to understand them. Above all, you’ll be a role model in doing the right thing for customers and driving profitable sales for your store.
Who you are
You talk to your colleagues in an engaging, inspiring way, and take their feedback on board too. You’ll be happy to collaborate across the business and use tech as part of the job. In addition, you’ll keep your focus on your teams while being a leadership presence for all the others in the store.
Great judgement and decision making are part of your nature. You know how to prioritise and plan and are as keen to drive your own development as you are supporting your team in theirs.
How you’ll progress
There’s a host of routes to choose from. Prove yourself in this role, and we’ll really encourage you to develop. Whether you choose to stay with Argos and perhaps step into a store management role or move across and develop in one of our Sainsbury’s stores, you’ll have every opportunity to take your career where you want it to go.
What we’ll give you
Salary will be dependent upon your experience as well as the store size, complexity and location. Alongside this, we also offer a great range of benefits for our managers, including:
- Discount card – provided after 4 weeks that gives you and a second user 10% on most items in Sainsbury’s, Argos and Habitat. Discount is increased at Sainsbury’s to 15% every pay day for five days plus 15% at Argos on every pay day.
- Free food and hot drinks provided for Colleagues in all our stores.
- Generous holiday entitlement, maternity and paternity leave.
- Pension – we’ll match 4-7% of your pension contributions.
- Sainsbury’s share scheme – build up an investment at discounted rates
- Wellbeing support – access to emotional support, counselling, legal and financial advice
- Colleague networks – link with like-minded people to help fulfil your potential.
- Our Cycle to Work scheme gives you the opportunity to hire a new bike and cycling equipment, whilst saving on tax and NI.
- Special offers on gym memberships, restaurants, holidays, retail vouchers and more.