You’re always in the right place at the right time. From supporting customer operations to store processes, or leading your colleagues, you know how to deliver great standards. And when you’re part of one of our store leadership teams, you’ll do that every day.
What you’ll do
From new joiners onwards, you’ll spot the best times and ways to help your colleagues improve — stepping in to help if it’s needed. You’ll recognize good performance too, of course, and cheer when someone’s done well.
This is a fast-paced environment with lots of change. You’ll welcome new ways of doing things, and support your colleagues as they get to grips with new processes or procedures. Customer service will be another big focus, and you’ll lead by example so that customers enjoy the best experience possible.
In fact, whether it’s about standards or operations, profits or people, you’ll deliver each and every time, and encourage others to do the same.
Who you are
You believe in collaboration and in making the right decisions for colleagues and customers alike. You’re a confident communicator too, and completely at ease with in-store tech – we have some of the best tools to help you whizz through your tasks. Since you’re self-driven and keen to learn new things, you’ll be happy offering leadership support to the wider store team. And at all times, you’ll be agile enough to deploy resources where they’re needed.
How you’ll progress
There’s a host of routes to choose from. Prove yourself in this role, and we’ll really encourage you to develop. Whether you choose to step up into a store management role with Argos or move across and develop in one of our Sainsbury’s stores, you’ll have every opportunity to take your career where you want it to go.
What we’ll give you
Salary will be dependent upon your experience as well as the store size, complexity and location. Alongside this, we also offer a great range of benefits for our managers, including:
- Discount card – provided after 4 weeks that gives you and a second user 10% on most items in Sainsbury’s, Argos and Habitat. Throughout the year we regularly increase discount at Sainsbury's and Argos to 15% as an additional benefit.
- Free food and hot drinks provided for Colleagues in all our stores.
- Generous holiday entitlement, maternity and paternity leave.
- Pension – we’ll match 4-7% of your pension contributions.
- Sainsbury’s share scheme – build up an investment at discounted rates
- Wellbeing support – access to emotional support, counselling, legal and financial advice
- Colleague networks – link with like-minded people to help fulfil your potential.
- Our Cycle to Work scheme gives you the opportunity to hire a new bike and cycling equipment, whilst saving on tax and NI.
- Special offers on gym memberships, restaurants, holidays, retail vouchers and more.