Our Digital Division’s mission is to make every customer and colleague’s digital experience with us a brilliant one. Sainsbury’s digital design community is lucky enough to work on a wide range of services, products, touchpoints and tools to deliver distinctive, integrated and consistent digital experiences for our customers and colleagues across Sainsbury’s Group (which includes Sainsbury’s, Argos, Bank, Nectar, Tu and Habitat).
As a UI Designer within the Digital Experience team, you’ll be evolving and scaling the Design System (https://luna.sainsburys.co.uk) which underpins products and services right across our digital ecosystem to create brilliant, consistent and accessible experiences that are used by thousands of colleagues and millions of customers a day.
Working seamlessly with designers, engineers and accessibility experts in an agile environment, designing the principles, styles, components and patterns to delight our customers and drive best practice and consistency across websites, native apps, colleague tools and in store digital. Seeking input and feedback from product teams, user testing with colleagues and customers and iterating as appropriate, you’ll help us deliver a best in class design system in a business that’s committed to ensuring our customers can shop wherever and whenever they want.
In return, you’ll have the opportunity to work in a dynamic environment in a sector that is going through unprecedented digital transformation, as well as a commitment to work with you to drive your development. We also offer a collaborative culture, a flexible approach to working and a loads of colleague benefits.
What you need to do
- Develop imaginative and creative concepts for Sainsbury’s digital products, services and propositions
- Working in scrum with a multi-disciplined team of designers, developers and product owners, create exceptional pixel-perfect designs that are validated through user research and testing
- Use a range of inputs, including interaction, brand principles, analytics, customer feedback, usability testing, technology and business requirements to develop informed and logical solutions
- With support of your product team and Design Lead, consider the wider Sainsbury’s digital ecosystem and DX strategy when designing to ensure we are creating joined-up experiences
- Undertake elements of research and user testing and interpret results to inform design solutions
- Work with a cross-functional team to deliver designs and user flows
- Clearly communicate your ideas and rationale to stakeholders and product teams alike
- Proven experience as a creative visual designer working on digital products and services
- A conceptual approach and an eye for detail
- Experience working in an agile environment alongside designers and developers
- Understanding of designing using Adobe, Sketch and prototyping with tools like InVision
- Experience with interpreting insights from user research and keen to learn more
- Experience of mobile app and responsive design
- Experience of user testing and usability testing
- A beautiful portfolio showcasing your design talent on large brands – or the desire to work for one
- A passion for interaction design as well as well as an understanding of accessibility standards
- Excited by the opportunity to influence Sainsbury’s digital creative capability
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong interest in the latest design trends and technologies
- Excellent organisational skills
- Confidence in networking and building relationships with stakeholders
- Design decisions that improve the colleague’s and customer’s digital experience
- The DX Community Designers, Lead Design Manager, Design systems team and Design Operations Team
- Engineers, Product Managers, Agile Coaches
- All resources within Sainsbury’s, including subject matter experts